LADIESFUND – MISHAL Fellowship Program on Gender Empowerment
MISHAL Private Limited, the leading communication design for policy development company in Pakistan, realizing the importance of strengthening and developing human capital for a diverse workforce wants to launch a fellowship programme in collaboration with the LADIESFUND, an initiative to address the women empowerment issues by bringing them into mainstream economic activities. The LADIESFUND-MISHAL Fellowship is targeted for those, who are striving towards better education but lack the financial resources to undertake initiatives to create a mark on promoting gender parity related activities.
LADIESFUND and MISHAL have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU), for the joint implementation and management of LADIESFUND-MISHAL Fellowship program.
LADIESFUND, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative has joined hands with MISHAL for promotion of Gender Parity issues in Pakistan and to encourage the culture of Entrepreneurship among women in the country. MISHAL is already managing a wide array of fellowship and scholarship programs.
This collaboration between a communication entity i.e. MISHAL and a private entity i.e. LADIESFUND will serve as a model of Partnership program for other corporate entities.
On selection of the participant, the successful Fellowship holder will be offered a one year Fellowship grant of Rs. 100,000 and an opportunity to work he knowledge resource center of LADIESFUND.
The LADIESFUND will also offer internship opportunities to the Fellow during the financial year of the LADIESFUND-MISHAL Fellowship program.
MISHAL wants to undertake a leadership role in contributing to society through a structured social investment program, which aims to integrate the entrepreneurial needs on the economic and social aspects of the local communities with respect to more women participation into the workforce.
The social and corporate investment projects are a testimony to the MISHAL’s commitment, targets and performance in delivering on our corporate and social responsibilities.
Primary objective of this fellowship program is to create a culture of Entrepreneurship in the country by supporting those who possess merit and are in need of financial resources to pursue Entrepreneurial path and a knowledge-based approach to achieve it.
This initiative is in line with the corporate vision of the MISHAL in supporting Entrepreneurship initiatives for a vibrant and prosperous Pakistan. MISHAL is already supporting the KARACHI PRESS CLUB SCHOLARSHIPS and the Harvard University Initiative of Pakistan Fast Growth Companies, where dynamic entrepreneurs are ranked according to the criteria set by AllWorld Network and Professor Michael Porter of the Harvard Business School.
The Fellowship program will also engage multiple stakeholders for creating value for the industry-academia linkage program. It will engage the key players in the exercise to create a culture of entrepreneurship for women in Pakistan.
The candidates after a careful scrutiny of the documents by the selection committee will evaluate the candidate by an interview panel, consisting of industry experts, academia, regulatory bodies and professionals from the relevant sectors i.e:
• Officials from HEC
• Professors from Academia
• Representatives of the Media Industry
• Representatives of the Karachi Press Clubs
LADIESFUND® – MISHAL Fellowship:
This Fellowship is for a woman from the grassroots level (household income of Rs. 40,000/- ) with computer skills and interest in designing and maintaining for one year an entire Social Media Strategy for LADIESFUND® including managing the twitter, facebook, LinkedIn pages and youtube channel, developing the Pakistani Women Power List and the e-daily paper of the most influential women of Pakistan’s tweets, and to develop a database of the female professionals and entrepreneurs in Pakistan for networking and mentorships.
Her role would be to translate LADIESFUND® is to Pakistan’s first brand with true Social Media presence and then combine that with the database of women to be a true resource for Pakistan. This Fellowship will award a Rs. 100,000/- grant to the winner, with Rs. 50,000/- awarded at the LADIESFUND® Awards ceremony and the remaining amount at the completion of the project proposal and one year’s Fellowship. The winner must be fluent in English and Urdu.
Dr. Javaid Laghari, Chairman of the Higher Commission for Women.
Nwal Gareeb, LADIESFUND Representative.
Amir Jahangir, CEO MISHAL Private Limited.
How to Apply:
• The candidate will send their profile/cv and an Essay through the MISHAL website WWW.MISHAL.COM.PK
• Read the application criteria and every field very carefully, before submitting the documents.
• The applicants should not provide false or incomplete information or one that cannot be supported with proof.
• An affidavit needs to be submitted after qualifying for the fellowship.
• The applicant should not be a relative of, neither a current nor former employee, MISHAL or Dawood Capital Management/LADIESFUND any of its affiliate or subsidiary companies.
• No application will be entertained if the applicants’ final intermediate and matriculation percentages are less than the required 50%, and Bachelor degree level percentage is less than the required 60%.
• Incomplete and /or late applications received after closing date shall not be entertained.
• Before Sending Application Package, the applicant are needs to attach following testimonials:
- Attested copies of Mark sheets/ certificate / Degree (Matriculation, Intermediate, Bachelor, Any other)
- Attested copies of last three months income certificate/salary slip.
- Verified by legal slips of Parent(s) / Guardian
- Attested copies of CNIC (Self, Father, Mother or Guardian, as applicable)
- Attested copy of B-form. (as a proof of number of siblings)
- Attested copies of last three months Utility Bills (Telephone, Gas & Electricity, all three types of bills)
- Disability certificate from a recognized hospital (if applicable)
Closing Date of Application:
Application should reach on or before 20th February, 2011, by the close of office hours at 5 pm Pakistan Standard Time.
No Application will be accepted after the closing date.